© 2017 - 2021. Christiana Senibo. All rights reserved
Having a high self-worth is crucial to experiencing joy, fulfillment and the motivation to go after what you want.
Today, I want to share with you the 7 habits of women with high self-worth you can adopt.
Want to watch it instead?
So what is self worth and how is it different from self esteem?
I’ll share how Dr Christina Hibbert explains it. Dr. Hibbert is a clinical psychologist and describes Self-Esteem as “what we think and feel and believe about ourselves”.
Self-worth is recognizing “I am greater than all of those things.
It is a deep knowing that I am of value, that I am loveable, necessary to this life, and of incomprehensible worth”.
This is in line with Merriam Webster’s dictionary which describes self-esteem as a confidence and satisfaction in oneself
Self-worth as a sense of one's own value as a human being.
Self-worth is foundational to joy and a fulfilling life because it is not dependent on external factors. As a result, it doesn’t matter whether you get the approval of others or not, whether you’re popular or whether you didn’t get the job.
The beauty of having a high self-worth is that even though the world around you crumbles you don’t internalise your experience and become your own enemy. A high self-worth enables you to separate THINGS from who you are. E.g work is not going well, I’ve gained weight, I failed. You can identify that these are things that are not going well but they don’t change the fact that you are worthy, loveable and able to achieve great things.
A high self-worth will make it easy to combat feelings of depression, anxiety and fear because no matter where you go and what you do, your worth is not on the line. You are worthy irrespective of what happens or doesn’t happen.
So what are the 7 habits of women with high self-worth you can adopt:
1. They know their worth is not based on other people’s definition. Women with high self-worth know that it doesn’t matter what their society, friendship circle or work colleagues define as the standard. They base their definition of worth on that deep knowledge that they are worthy of love, joy and whatever brings them happiness simply because they are here.
2. They are clear on what their values are. Women with high self-worth know that even when things around them are failing and are uncertain, they can measure their external circumstances against their own standard of worthiness and remain grounded.
3. They set boundaries. Women with high self-worth don’t allow into their space people who have not earned the right to be there. They are intentional about their relationships and they don’t give permission to anyone to make them small.
4. They celebrate others. Women with high self-worth celebrate others. Because they are not insecure in themselves, they are not in competition with others. As a result, they pull others up, they give them a helping hand and when others win, they celebrate them.
5. They see failure as feedback. Women with high self-worth don’t see failure as the final destination. Instead they use failure as a feedback to tweak their approach, do more research or go for a different alternative altogether. Whenever they encounter failure they use it as a yardstick to do better and try again.
6. They validate their feelings. Women with high self worth make room for their feelings. They don’t shut them down or dismiss them. They are not threatened by feelings that may be deemed “inappropriate”. They understand their feelings help them stay aware of their internal processes. They acknowledge these feelings and make room to express them in a healthy way.
7. They are not afraid to delegate. Women with high self-worth are not afraid to delegate. They are not afraid to relinquish some power and support other people’s talent to flourish.
In sharing the 7 habits of women with high self-worth, my hope is that you can pick a few or all of these habits and start adopting them starting today.
I’m keen to hear your thoughts in the comment section below.
Do you have goals and dreams you want to achieve? By becoming the best version of yourself and achieving the success you desire, together we can change the narrative of women. Coaching can help. Book your no-fee discovery call to find out how. You have everything to gain